APPENDIX A – IAF APPOINTMENTS AT HQ NCC/ DG NCC
1. 2nd in command at NCC HQ: Designated as Additional Director General (A) since 1987-88, Deputy Director General between 1963-1987 and Deputy Director since 1950.
2. DDG (P&C) – Deputy Director General (Planning and Coordination) is a direct report of ADG (A). It is unclear if the post was even in its earlier designations restricted to IAF officers, though the function has existed since NCC was formed.
APPENDIX B – IAF APPOINTMENTS AT CIRCLE/ DIRECTORATE
1. No. 2 Circle (Madras) was the first circle to have an IAF officer in command. Only two known officers were in command before it reverted to other services.
2. No. 15 Circle (PEPSU) was the 2nd circle to be offered to IAF Command. The circle was disbanded about 18 months later and merged with No. 8 Circle (Punjab)
3. On the closure of No. 15 Circle (PEPSU), IAF was offered command of No. 7 Circle (Delhi) which they held till 1962
4. IAF was offered No. 10 Circle (Mysore) when No. 2 Circle was transferred to other services. The Dte till date continues to be under an IAF Officer.
5. No. 12 Circle (Andhra) has been under IAF officers since 1959.
6. No. 14 Circle (Rajasthan) has been under IAF officers since 1961
7. Bengal and Sikkim Dte has had the 2nd in command officer in the rank of Wg Cdr/ Gp Capt from the IAF.
8. Orissa Dte has had the 2nd in command officer in the rank of Wg Cdr/ Gp Capt from the IAF.
9. Gujarat Dte has had the 2nd in command officer in the rank of Wg Cdr/ Gp Capt from the IAF.
10. Punjab Dte has had the 2nd in command officer in the rank of Wg Cdr/ Gp Capt from the IAF. (It is unclear if this was a one-off)
APPENDIX C – IAF APPOINTMENTS AT GROUP HQ
1. Nagpur is one of the 7 group HQs in Directorate of Maharashtra.
Group Commanders of NCC Nagpur Group
2. Madras B is one of the two groups in Chennai in the TN&L Directorate. It has five units under its control including one flying Air Squadron
Group Commanders of NCC Madras B Group
3. NCC Gp. HQ Delhi ‘C’ was originally raised in 1965 and designated as NCC Gp. HQ Delhi ‘D’. On re-organisation of the NCC in Delhi it was redesignated as NCC Gp HQ Delhi ‘C’. It also has nine units under its command, including two flying Air Squadron
4. NCC Varanasi B
5. NCC Berhampur (Orissa)
6. NCC Bombay B