Royal Indian Air Force Selection Board


Date Raised : 1947-05-01 Disbanded : 1950-01-25 Location : Dehradun
The institute was initially established as an Experimental Selection Board at Forest Research Institute, Dehradun in 1943. Subsequently, the Board was renamed as No 7 General Selection Board in March 1944, then Royal Indian Air Force Board and moved to its present location at Clement Town in Oct 1948. The board was remaned as Royal indian Air Force Selection Board. Post 26 Jan 1950, it was renamed as Air Force Selection Board. in 1962, with mysore coming up as 2 AFSB, the Units was renamed as 1 AFSB

Commanding Officers


01 May 47 - 08 Nov 47
Wing Commander
Kundan Lal Sondhi
1566 GD(P)
President
Dehradun

09 Nov 47 - 01 Apr 49
Wing Commander
Anantha Ananthanarayanan
1607 GD(P)
President
Dehradun

02 Apr 49 - 25 Jan 50
Wing Commander
Dadi Ardeshir Mehta
1625 F(N)
President
Dehradun
Unit continued existence as AFSB

Note: All the data available here is publicly available in the Gazette of India, published by the Indian Government, or from public domain sources, press releases about Awards and Right-To-Information (RTI) Requests. Additionally data shared by veterans is added to the page with permission. No data with respect to serving officers below the rank of AVM is displayed. Information in Gazette of India and Award citations and photographs as released by the Indian Air Force are the only details displayed.