Location : Tambaram (Chennai)
The Air Force Station is one of the oldest stations of the Indian Air Force dating back to the days of World War-II when Royal Naval Air Station was carved out of an American Naval Base. In 1947, it was rechristened as Royal Indian Air Force Station, Tambaram with No.2 Ground Training School. On January 26, 1950, the station was renamed No 2 GTS, Air Force Station Tambaram. An important chapter in the history was the addition of Flying Instructors' School on October 10, 1954. Finally, in 1963 the station was established as Air Force Station, Tambaram with FIS and No 2 GTS as its lodger Unitss. Group Captain Norman Alexander Tait, OBE was the first Commanding Officer of the Station, which also has the distinction of being commanded by a former Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal (then Group Captain) O P Mehra from 1950 to 1953. In 1980, the station was upgraded and Air Commodore B L Verma became the first AOC.
|1753 GD(P)Stn CdrChennai||1663 GD(P)Stn CdrChennai||3324 F(P)Stn CdrChennai||3832 F(N)Stn CdrChennai||4111 F(N)Stn CdrChennai|
|4206 F(N)Stn CdrChennai||4206 F(N)AOCChennai||4213 F(N)AOCChennai||4889 F(P)AOCChennai||4720 F(P)AOCChennai|
|5461 F(N)AOCChennai||5298 F(N)AOCChennai||5292 F(N)AOCChennai||5924 F(N)AOCChennai||6792 F(N)AOCChennai|
|8482 F(N)AOCChennai||8745 F(P)AOCChennai||9848 F(P)AOCChennai||12207 F(P)AOCChennai||13604 F(P)AOCChennai|
|13379 F(P)AOCChennai||13809 F(P)AOCChennai||14273 F(P)AOCChennai||16031 F(P)AOCChennai||16227 F(P)AOCChennai|
|17318 F(P)AOCChennai|| ||18787 F(P)AOCChennai||19153 F(P)AOCChennai|| |