Date Raised : 1947-08-15 Location : Kanpur
To support air operations in the Far East during World War II, No. 322 Maintenance Units was formed in 1940 in the 21 TATA hangers at Chakeri, Kanpur. The functions included arming of bombers and fighter aircraft like Liberator, Lancaster, Hurricane, Tempest and Dakota. The Units was further expanded to include aircraft storage and servicing activities, while the logistics support and aeroengine storage functions operated at Armapur Estate, 25 Km away from Chakeri. In August 1945, after Japan surrendered to the Allied Forces and hostilities came to an end, this No. 322 Maintenance Units was disbanded and Royal Air Force Station, Kanpur came into formal existence. On 15 August 1947, the historic day of Indiaâ€™s Independence, Wing Commander Ranjan Dutta DFC took over the command of Air Force Station, Kanpur from the Royal Air Force.
|2280 ENGAOCKanpur||2960 SIGSAOCKanpur||2150 A&SDAOCKanpur||2916 ENGAOCKanpur||2938 GD(P)AOCKanpur|
|3499 ENGAOCKanpur||1795 GD(O)AOCKanpur||2853 SIGSAOCKanpur||3816 ELECTAOCKanpur||4075 ELECTAOCKanpur|
|4138 SIGSAOCKanpur||4547 SIGSAOCKanpur||5237 ENGAOCKanpur||5614 ENGAOCKanpur||5967 SIGSAOCKanpur|
|6388 ENGAOCKanpur||6588 AE(M)AOCKanpur||8020 AE(M)AOCKanpur||10078 AE(M)AOCKanpur||10699 AE(L)AOCKanpur|
|11900 AE(L)AOCKanpur||13174 AE(M)AOCKanpur||13282 AE(L)AOCKanpur||14312 AE(L)AOCKanpur||15095 AE(L)AOCKanpur|
|15969 AE(M)AOCKanpur||17674 AE(M)AOCKanpur||17828 AE(M)AOCKanpur|| ||18520 AE(M)AOCKanpur|