27 Signal Unit
Date Raised : 1954-01-01 Disbanded : 1966-01-01 Location : Madh Island
The history of Air Force Station Madh Island goes back to Pre-World Warâ€”II era. A beautiful fort built by Portuguese and later acceded to Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj is a part of the Air Force Station. The fort was used as a detachment of NO2 Ordnance Depot, Karachi and an Italian POW camp during World Warâ€”II. In 1954, 27 SU, AF was commissioned at AF Stn Madh Island which was equipped with composite MARCONI T-13/T-14/T-15 Radar, designated as Sector Operation Centre (SOC) of 'Bombay Sector'. In 1966, 27 SU, AF was disbanded and 252 SU, AF came into existence as ADDC of Bombay sector.
|Dates||Rank & Name||Number||Remarks||Location||Photo|
|06 Jun 58 to||Squadron Leader Hardyal Singh Dhillon||3237 F(P)||CO||Madh Island|