No. 2 (Trg) Group Flight, RIAF
Date Raised : 1947-08-15 Disbanded : 1950-01-25 Location : Bangalore
The Units took birth in the RAF in 1942. Initially the Units was known as 225 Group Communication Flight, RAF and was located at RAF Stn Yelahanka. In May 1946, the flight moved to HAL airfield ""at Bangalore and was subsequently disbanded. In June 1946, a new Units was formed as No. 2 (Indian) Group Communication Flight. The name was changed on 15 August 1947 to No. 2 (Trg) Group Flight, RIAF. The present name of the Units was given on 26 January 1950. In June 1964, the Units moved back to Yelahanka from Bangalore and has remained there ever since. The Units has been equipped with a variety of aircraft ranging from Havard, Devon, Dakota, Vampire and the present Avro. The Units undertakes VVIP/ VIP communication duties for service and civilian dignitaries. Additionally, the Units has carried out movement of personnel between various theatres of operations.
|Dates||Rank & Name||Number||Remarks||Location||Photo|
|No Records Found!|