306 Wing


Date Raised : 1950-03-16 Disbanded : 1955-01-21 Location : Halwara
Originally raised as 306 Wing at Palam on 16 March 1950, it moved to Halwara and subsequently renamed to 9 Wing on 29 Jan 1955. Halwara played an active role in both the 1965 and 1971 wars. In recent years, it was home to the last of the MiG-23BN Unitss

Commanding Officers


16 Mar 50 - 08 Aug 51
Wing Commander
Hrushikesh Moolgavkar
1644 F(P)
Stn Cdr
Halwara

08 Aug 51 - 08 Feb 53
Wing Commander
Ramachandra Balaji Godkhindi
1760 GD(P)
Stn Cdr
Halwara

08 Feb 53 - 21 Jan 55
Wing Commander
Jagbir Singh Bolarya
1663 GD(P)
Stn Cdr
Halwara
Unit continued existence as 9 Wing

Note: All the data available here is publicly available in the Gazette of India, published by the Indian Government, or from public domain sources, press releases about Awards and Right-To-Information (RTI) Requests. Additionally data shared by veterans is added to the page with permission. No data with respect to serving officers below the rank of AVM is displayed. Information in Gazette of India and Award citations and photographs as released by the Indian Air Force are the only details displayed.