27 Signal Unit


Date Raised : 1954-01-01 Disbanded : 1966-01-01 Location : Madh Island
27 SU was commissioned at AF Stn Madh Island which was equipped with composite MARCONI T-13/T-14/T-15 Radar, designated as Sector Operation Centre (SOC) of Bombay Sector. In 1966, 27 SU, AF was disbanded and 252 SU, AF came into existence as ADDC of Bombay sector. The existing MARCONI Radar was replaced with Russian P-30 (M) radar. Subsequently on 14 Apr 87, P-40 Radar was also inducted in 252SU, AF. On 24 Sep 91, the old P- 30(M) Radar was handed over to 250 SU, and 252 SU, AF continued as ADDC with the P-40(M) Radar. On 1 Aug 1992, 252 SU handed over the responsibility of Mumbai sector to 272 SU and moved out to 2 Wing.

Commanding Officers

View in Grid

DatesRank & NameNumberRemarksLocationPhoto
06 Jun 58 to Squadron Leader Hardyal Singh Dhillon3237 F(P)COMadh Island
Unit continued existence as 252 SU

Note: All the data available here is publicly available in the Gazette of India, published by the Indian Government, or from public domain sources, press releases about Awards and Right-To-Information (RTI) Requests. Additionally data shared by veterans is added to the page with permission. No data with respect to serving officers below the rank of AVM is displayed. Information in Gazette of India and Award citations and photographs as released by the Indian Air Force are the only details displayed.