306 Wing


Date Raised : 1950-03-16 Disbanded : 1955-01-21 Location : Halwara
Originally raised as 306 Wing at Palam on 16 March 1950, it moved to Halwara and subsequently renamed to 9 Wing on 29 Jan 1955. Halwara played an active role in both the 1965 and 1971 wars. In recent years, it was home to the last of the MiG-23BN Units

Commanding Officers

View in Grid

DatesRank & NameNumberRemarksLocationPhoto
16 Mar 50 to 08 Aug 51Wing Commander Hrushikesh Moolgavkar1644 F(P)Stn CdrHalwara
08 Aug 51 to 08 Feb 53Wing Commander Ramachandra Balaji Godkhindi1760 GD(P)Stn CdrHalwara
08 Feb 53 to 21 Jan 55Wing Commander Jagbir Singh Bolarya1663 GD(P)Stn CdrHalwara
Unit continued existence as 9 Wing

Note: All the data available here is publicly available in the Gazette of India, published by the Indian Government, or from public domain sources, press releases about Awards and Right-To-Information (RTI) Requests. Additionally data shared by veterans is added to the page with permission. No data with respect to serving officers below the rank of AVM is displayed. Information in Gazette of India and Award citations and photographs as released by the Indian Air Force are the only details displayed.