Date Raised : 1950-03-16 Disbanded : 1956-01-01 Location : Adampur
The genesis of Air Force Station Adampur can be traced back to a tiny airstrip of 1929 yards midway on the Jallandhar â€“ Hoshiarpur highway at Adampur during World War II. 8 Wing Adampur was raised on 16 Mar 1950 as No.305 Wing. In 1956 it was renumbered to No.8 Wing, being an active base of operations during the 1965 and 1971 wars. It has been operating base for MiG-29s for several years and provided support during the Kargil Operations.
|Dates||Rank & Name||Number||Remarks||Location||Photo|
|16 Mar 50 to 16 Aug 51||Wing Commander Maurice Barker||1691 F(P)||Stn Cdr||Adampur|
|17 Aug 51 to 11 Jun 53||Wing Commander Krishna Ganapathi Raman||1767 GD(P)||Stn Cdr||Adampur|
|12 Jun 53 to 20 Apr 54||Wing Commander Jagdish Chandra Varma||1646 GD(P)||Stn Cdr||Adampur|
|21 Apr 54 to 01 Jan 56||Wing Commander Melville Duarte||1772 GD(P)||Stn Cdr||Adampur|