3 Equipment Depot
Location : Avadi
23 Equipment Depot at Avadi (Chennai) dates back to World War II. Christened in December 1944 as 337 Maintenance Unit under the Royal Indian Air Force, it functioned as a Supply Point and a Storage Depot for South-East Asia. It was renamed twice over as No. 3 Equipment Depot in September 1947 and 23 Equipment Depot in March 1966.
|Dates||Rank & Name||Number||Remarks||Location||Photo|
|01 Dec 48 to||Wing Commander Ram Nath Chawla||1626 EQPT||Stn Cdr||Avadi|
|Unknown to 19 May 64||Group Captain Mahabir Chand||1750 ADM||Stn Cdr||Avadi|
|20 May 64 to 28 Feb 66||Group Captain Alexander Joseph Henry Sathyanathan||1643 A&SD||Stn Cdr||Avadi|