No.1 Aircraft Repair Depot


Date Raised : 1947-08-15 Disbanded : 1948-08-08 Location : Kanpur
On 15 August 1947, the historic day of India’s Independence, Wing Commander Ranjan Dutta DFC took over the command of Air Force Station, Kanpur from the Royal Air Force. Simultaneously, on this very day, No. 1 Aircraft Repair Depot for servicing and No. 10 Aircraft Storage unit for storage activities were formed at Chakeri, Kanpur. Group Captain DAR Nanda became the first Commanding Officer of both these units. On 09 August 1948, the two units were merged to form No. 1 Base Repair Depot

Commanding Officers

View in Grid

DatesRank & NameNumberRemarksLocationPhoto
15 Aug 47 to 08 Aug 48Group Captain Diwan Atma Ram Nanda1562 GD(P)COKanpur
Unit continued existence as 1 BRD

Note: All the data available here is publicly available in the Gazette of India, published by the Indian Government, or from public domain sources, press releases about Awards and Right-To-Information (RTI) Requests. Additionally data shared by veterans is added to the page with permission. No data with respect to serving officers below the rank of AVM is displayed. Information in Gazette of India and Award citations and photographs as released by the Indian Air Force are the only details displayed.